Coffee Creek Falls was a surprise. I had not come across any mention of it in my research, but we were driving in Oregon City one day, and lo and behold, there was a waterfall on the side of the road! It is RIGHT off the road, and it’s not very tall, and I couldn’t say that it was pretty. I suspect those facts might be why other lists have ignored Coffee Creek Falls, but… It has its own sign! Any waterfall with a name and a sign should definitely count as an actual, official waterfall, don’t you think? So, as an encouragement to small under-acknowledged waterfalls everywhere (and, I’ll admit, to boost my own waterfall count), I am pleased to provide you with a glimpse into Coffee Creek Falls.
My rating: Low Priority (1 star)
Distance from Beaverton: About 30 minutes’ drive southeast
Nearest town: Oregon City
Nearest city: Portland
Length of round-trip hike: None
Best season to visit: Unknown
Things to know:
- There is room for one car to pull off and look at the waterfall. A glance through your car window is all you’ll need, since the waterfall is fenced off and inaccessible.
Consider combining this trip with: Willamette Falls and/or a tour of Oregon City.
Toilet / Amenities: None
How to get there:
- From I-205, take exit 8 for State Route 43 toward West Linn/Lake Oswego.
- Turn right onto OR-43 S/Willamette Drive.
- In just over a quarter of a mile, turn right onto Main St.
- After 3 blocks, turn left on 5th St/McLoughlin Blvd.
- In almost half a mile, turn left onto S 2nd St.
- At the second intersection, turn right onto South End Rd.
The waterfall will be on the left in 0.536 miles. I suggest you pass the waterfall, turn around at a safe place, and pull over to view the waterfall on your return journey.